Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Skins RSS
Skins Working With Mozilla?
ted (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
I noticed that the extended skin doesn't work great with Mozilla (the frames are too small with scroll bars, and lots of wasted space), and now I tried the "base" skin and realize that the "check all" button on the playlist page doesn't work. Can you make these skins work with Mozilla?
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I have done everything to make this skin work with Mozilla 'cause I use it too. :D
You have to enable JavaScript to get all these things to work. I use Mozilla 1.5a and it works fine.
Anyway there were some bugs with the last version of the skin.
Please wait until I'm back at home today and you'll get the latest eXtended skin.
Henry (Administrator) #3
Here it is...  ;)

attachment removed, new version below  --Henry
This post was edited on 2003-09-25, 19:47 by Unknown user.
ted (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi Henry - I tried the new Extended skin you made, and it has the same problems. The frames are scrunched, lots of blank space in the window, and the "select all" link doesn't put checks in the boxes.
Henry (Administrator) #5
Maybe it's a problem with some out of date mozilla. The version I use works great!

What does the JavaScript Console say?
ted (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi - I'm using the latest solid version of Mozilla (1.5 RC1). When I open the Java console and then use the Winamp control with the Extended skin. Nothing is reported in the Javascript console. I took a screenshot, but don't see a way to include that with this post.
Henry (Administrator) #7
I'll try Mozilla 1.5 RC1.

You have to register to upload files.
Henry (Administrator) #8
Uh, boy that's huge pain in the ass!  :nuke:

You are right, the current resize script does NOT work with the new Mozilla 1.5 RC1 but after some modifications I made it.
Hope it works for you too.   ;)
The author has attached one file to this post:
eXtended.zip 162.6 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
ted (Guest) #9
No profile available.
Link to this post
I'll try out the new version you just developed. By the way, I LOVE the Lan DJ skin and it works fine. Of course, it is much simpler, but very elegant design in its simplicity.
ted (Guest) #10
No profile available.
Link to this post
I tried out the latest version of the eXtended Skin with Mozilla (1.5 RC2) and everything *displays* well with the exception of the page being way to long requiring a scroll bar in the "Show" page. But there is still the problem of the Select All, Invert, and Clear links not working on the check boxes. Can you make this work?
Henry (Administrator) #11
Works fine with RC1 so I won't change anything. Maybe there is an other problem with your installation.

Anyway you can modify the code on your own. I'm sure there are good Javascript tutorials in the net.
Martin (Guest) #12
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi,
Quote by ted on 2003-10-09, 01:08:
I tried out the latest version of the eXtended Skin with Mozilla (1.5 RC2) and everything *displays* well with the exception of the page being way to long requiring a scroll bar in the "Show" page. But there is still the problem of the Select All, Invert, and Clear links not working on the check boxes. Can you make this work?
I've exactly the same problems with the released Mozilla 1.5. When clicking on the Select All link Mozilla's javascript console displays: "Error: setCheckboxes is not defined."
Henry (Administrator) #13
Please have a look at the JavaScript code on your own, sorry. I cannot test every Mozilla version...  ;)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 176.7 ms (87.2 ms) · 79 database queries in 69.9 ms
Current time: 2018-12-12, 09:37:29 (UTC +00:00)