Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Error Messages
tommyp #1
Member since Jul 2003 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Browseamp is a great program, thanks for generating such a nice addition to winamp. 

I have a couple of error messages that hopefully someone can find the cure for. 

The first:  A general error message window that is titled "Gen_brow2".  In the window it says "an error occurred in ServerThread: Der Index Liste uberschreitet dad Maximum".  After the message is a code.  I haven't really been paying attention to the codes, but two that I wrote down were 885 and 1119.  Usually this doesn't interfere with winamp playing, but the remote network window will not work.  It seems to happen whenever it feels like. 

The second error is a BSOD that occurs when I close winamp.  The error is 0028:C02A27A8 VXD VWIN32(05) 000012D0.  Most of the time when I press enter to continue, the mouse no longer works. 

FWIW, the player is installed on a win98SE machine with all the critical updates, but not including IE6.0.  The machine that I use to access the win98 winamp player is w2k with SP4.  I have tried multiple clean installs of win98, but all give the same result. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks guys!
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I'll try to help you, but I need some more information about these errors.
[list]
[*]what BrowseAmp version you use
[*]what you did at the client when the error occurs (like 'click play' or 'changed directory')
[*]is user management enabled
[/list]

With these information I can try to reproduce the errors and maybe that will lead to a bugfix.
tommyp #3
Member since Jul 2003 · 2 posts
The Browseamp is version 2.03, Winamp is 2.91, OS is Win98SE.  This win98 machine is simply running winamp and no other programs are running. 

User management is NOT enabled. 

I just use the client to click the play controls, and not for adding songs into the playlist.  99% of the time is just clicking NEXT/PAUSE/PLAY/STOP.  I have to do some more experiments to see at what point the error window opens.  I do seem to remember some errors happening when I changed skins (no pun intended!). 

The BSOD seems to happen on occasion, even if the client webbrowser window is closed.
Azimuth #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
I also still see the occasional, "Der Index Liste uberschreitet dad Maximum" error.
santo #5
Member since Mar 2004 · 4 posts
" I also still see the occasional, "Der Index Liste uberschreitet dad Maximum" error."

This one im getting to and looking for the error on this forum but the search function seams to me off limits.
Henry (Administrator) #6
More hints! I can't find it.
santo #7
- Using Windows 2000
- Using Winamp 5.02
- Using BrowseAmp2
- The mp3:s are locate on a network share (Dont know if it does matter)
santo #8
One more thing. Its about 35gb mp3 files. Makes a long list.
Henry (Administrator) #9
With overall 35G and about 5M per track you have about 7000 tracks. Cache entry for each track including directory and filename is about 100 bytes. Resulting in 700k of memory for the chache. Should be no problem for any machine.

Have you tried to disable chache?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 287.4 ms (171.9 ms) · 80 database queries in 116.7 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 21:05:04 (UTC +00:00)