Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
File Browser Ideas And Other Things
Jonathan Stott (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Just a few ideas that I've thought of while working on my own skin:

1. It would be nice to have a 'parent folder' option (usually indicated by ..)
2. It would also be good to be able to not show the single . that reloads the current folder
3. I'd like to be able to show different icons for playlists (.m3u files) and audio files (.mp3 files)
4. Even better would be to have some way of showing only playlists or media files, perhaps by using a different template for each

I'm currently working on a Java-based skin that displays things quite nicely with the intention of being able to use it with a remote control (if I can work out how to control the remote from Java) - some of the ideas above would be really useful.

Using Java allows me to be a lot more flexible with layout and the like and I can make use of the exclusive fullscreen mode to hide all the usual window gadgets. I'd then be able to plug a TV into the computer and use it as a proper jukebox :) I guess I'll let you all know if and when it gets finished (starting a PhD in September, so might not get it finished by then).

Jonathan
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
first: What BrowseAmp version do you use?

1. + 2. still exist
3. Can be done with some JavaScript.
4. Good idea. I'll add that option in the next release.

All the best for your PhD! Can't wait to see a Java skin!!!
Keefy #3
Member since Mar 2003 · 89 posts
Group memberships: Members
I like the playlist idea. Have you any plans to introduce playlist support Henry? Would be nice to be able to hit a "save playlist" button that asks for a name, then creates the playlist in a certain place. Then another button could send the browser to that location...
genekeenan #4
Member since Mar 2003 · 18 posts
Group memberships: Members
I like the playlist idea. Have you any plans to introduce playlist support Henry? Would be nice to be able to hit a "save playlist" button that asks for a name, then creates the playlist in a certain place.

the functionality to save a playlist exists already.

gk
Jonathan Stott (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
Quote by Henry on 2003-07-07, 16:46:

1. + 2. still exist
3. Can be done with some JavaScript.
4. Good idea. I'll add that option in the next release.

All the best for your PhD! Can't wait to see a Java skin!!!
1+2. I couldn't spot anything in the help (looked on the playlist section). I can manually add the 'up' (..) by tweaking the folders template but I am only able to put it first or after the list of folders (rather than after the . if there is one).

3+4. Javascript is ugly :) Having separate templates for m3u and mp3 files would solve the problem though.

Jonathan
Jonathan Stott (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Quote by Henry on 2003-07-07, 16:46:
Whoops!

I'm using version 2.02 (there isn't anything in 2.03 that I specifically need at the moment).

Jonathan
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 176.1 ms (87.1 ms) · 55 database queries in 76.5 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:26:35 (UTC +00:00)