Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
General Problems!
will (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi,

Great software! why aren't there more people doing web based or network based mp3 stuff???

My problem is (among many) I can get the server up and running (on a w2k box with IIS - but port set to 8080) - I can log into it and see all the directories of mp3s (which are stored on a server - and the BrowseAmp is on a seperate box). But when I click on play, stop and all the control things nothing seems to happen - and even if I manuall press play on winamp on the BrowseAmp PC - I still can't hear anything on the pc that's logged onto it's webpage.

Any clues?

Cheers,

Will
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
BrowseAmp does not broadcast the music, it just controls it. If this is what you are looking for, look at ShoutCast or some other WinAmp streaming plugin.

When I want to stream, I just run Windows Media Encoder on my "music" PC. WME does add about 13 seconds of delay, though.
Jonathan Stott (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Anyone know of any software that doesn't have such a noticeable delay? I'm using the Shoutcast thingy that plugs into Winamp but get a 20-odd second delay  :(

Jonathan
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
You can reduce the buffer size in the ShoutCast options screen to get less delay.
But expect connection interrupts then...  :(
Keefy #5
Member since Mar 2003 · 89 posts
Group memberships: Members
There are some Winamp plug-ins that allow you to syncronize two Winamps on a network. Bit of a kludge really, I never had much luck with them.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 187.4 ms (88.5 ms) · 53 database queries in 81.9 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:17:55 (UTC +00:00)