Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
File Upload (in Todo List)
Keefy #1
Member since Mar 2003 · 89 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi Henry, I noticed you plan to implement file upload. When you are doing this, could you make it so that images can also be uploaded? I think it would be possible to write some drag-and-drop routines that would make it possible to browse a site and drag the images into BrowseAmp, for easy album art retrieval. Might be neccessary to pass this info on as an WWW URL, try dragging a link from this WWW board onto your desktop. I think you can do this via javascript, or maybe ActiveX. Might be neccessary also for the skin to pass a parameter to state what the destination file name should be, which would probably be a full path.

That would be very neat, as you could also provide an automatic "search" link that does an AllMusic or Amazon search for the artist/album, to aid getting the image open in a new browser.

Way cool...worth looking into?
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Sorry for thinking so long about your ideas...

I hope I can get the file upload to work in the near future. But as far as I remember I had having problems with that before so I stopped working on it but I'll try again.

Once a file upload feature is implemented, you can upload everything you like including images.

try dragging a link from this WWW board onto your desktop
:blink: I didn't ever try this. It also work with images. Cool hint!!

Way cool...worth looking into?
Yeah!!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 175.2 ms (69.8 ms) · 43 database queries in 54.8 ms
Current time: 2018-07-22, 18:34:34 (UTC +00:00)