Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Refresh Question
d-smes (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hey All,

It seems in my setup like the whole BrowseAMP page refreshes every 7 seconds or so.  This is great so you can see the time remaining but the whole page refreshing is kinda slow for me.  Is there an option to change the refresh time or, better yet, only have the time part of the html page refresh?
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
The base skin refreshes every 5 seconds.

Look in the html files for this line...
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;URL=index.html?refresh">
The "5" is how many seconds between refreshes.
Guest (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Thanks!   That's much better.  It seemed like 7 seconds because my browser couldn't keep up!

What would be even better is if there was a way of only updating portions (frames?) of the web page.  In other words, if only the time portion of the web page updated and everything else stayed static (until a song change when that would refresh as well).   Is this possible??
Azimuth #4
Very possible!  :-D If iframes are used, they can be updated seperately. I think all of the skins in the skin section of the main site use iframes.
d-smes (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
Azimuth-

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked out your TTunes skin and the refresh is MUCH better.   BTW, *way* cool skin... excellent!!!   I do notice that every other refresh, the playlist seems to "blink" but everything else stays put which really cuts down on the eye strain.

Thanks again for the advice (and your skin)!
Azimuth #6
No problem, d. Did you grab the latest version, or, the one from the skins page? I'm up to v1.5.

It would be nice if there was a way to only fire a refresh on track change, though...
d-smes (Guest) #7
No profile available.
Link to this post
Grabed the version from the discussion board last night.  I do believe it was v1.5     I couldn't quite get everything to work so maybe I'll provide you some feedback at that thread.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 153.1 ms (68.3 ms) · 55 database queries in 57.7 ms
Current time: 2018-07-22, 18:49:46 (UTC +00:00)