Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Multiple Skins At The Same Time
traxyma #1
Member since May 2003 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi Henry!

First of all I wan't to thank you for this great piece of software you wrote !  :-D

... but I have a little problem now, you may help me with:

I'm using BA to control my WinAmp via PocketPC and I created a Skin (still under development) to fit in the small display (what is a real pain in the a**)  :rolleyes:
Works great so far, but I additionally want to control BA via Browser at the same time and the small PocketPC-Skin doesn't look very nice on my 1152x864 Desktop. :(

So I wonder if it's possible to use 2 instances of BrowseAmp (on different ports) at the same time, or if you can introduce a new user-managment-feature in future versions of BA so every user can select his own skin.

thx so far !
traxy
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Thanks!  :-D

You do can use different skins for each user!
But you cannot select the skin for a user in the user management (yet...). You have to choose the skin on the options-page in the web-frontend when user management is enabled.
To change it manually edit the Skin=xxx entry in the user.ini (%WINAMPDIR%\plugins\browseamp\user.ini).
traxyma #3
Thanks Henry ! 

Great software, great support... :-D
Keefy #4
Member since Mar 2003 · 89 posts
Simplest way is to have several files e.g. "small.html" and "full.html", each aimed at a different browser size.

Then, put the following code within <head> </head> in a file "index.html"

<script language="JavaScript">
      if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer")
      {
          window.location = "small.html";
      } else {
          window.location = "full.html";
      }
    </script>

When the page loads up, it is imediately replaced by the relevant file. The appName string may need to be changed, it works on the MS SmartPhone platform, so it should be valid for PocketPC.

My skin is going to do this in order to handle different browser sizes. The major plus point is that you use the same URL for both.
This post was edited on 2003-05-14, 15:32 by Unknown user.
Azimuth #5
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Great!
traxyma #6
As Azimuth said:
Great ! :-D

thx for the help
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 167.3 ms (60.7 ms) · 65 database queries in 46 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 02:20:33 (UTC +00:00)