Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
"\" Character In Current Directory
bb80301 #1
Member since Feb 2003 · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Henry:

As always --  thanks so much for all of your work on this!

I've been continuing to develop the MusicMan skin & now have it working on a PDA (Zaurus with an 802.11b wireless network card).  It's working great & I'd be pleased to share the html with anyone who's interested.

As you might remember, one of the features of my skin is display of artwork & a descriptive html file for each artist & each album.  To get to the file that I want (cover.jpg or description.htm), I use the <#currentdirectory> feature that you've built into Browseamp.

After considerable frustration, I came to realize that I can't use Javascript with <#currentdirectory> because it just doesn't handle backslashes ("\").  It won't even let me run the string through a character replace function (i.e. forward slashes for back slashes) -- it never sees the back slashes because it interprets them as escape characters.  I got around this by using VBscript -- which works great as long as you're using IE as your browser.  Other browsers (e.g. Opera, Netscape, and even IE on MacIntosh) don't work with VBscript.

My PDA has the Opera browser built-in, so I'm now forced to abandon the VBscript crutch -- which I never really liked anyways.

SO -- (here's the request) -- is there any way for me to get the same info as <#currentdirectory> but with forward slashes rather than back slashes?

Anything you can do to help me out would be VERY much appreciated.  A big reason that I went to browser-based control was to get the flexiblity to put in images & descriptions.

I've still got my demo up if you (or anyone) is interested:  www.musicmannet.tk

Thanks!
BB
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
As you may have read I am currently on developing BrowseAmp 2.
I'm planning to build this for Winamp 2.90 which should have come in March 2003 but as far I can see will take longer. It's no problem to replace the \ with / but I think I'll add that in the new version.
I hope you can wait until then (I don't hope for weeks...).
bb80301 #3
Member since Feb 2003 · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks, Henry.  I definitely can wait & I'm glad to hear you say that it's do-able.  I'll post the MusicManPDA skin in the skins forum later on so anyone interested can try it out.

Here's another idea:  in the preformatted forms (e.g. <#browser ...>), there's a parameter for width.  It would be cool if width could optionally be expressed in % rather than an absolute number (like columns can in HTML tables).  This would help to avoid the problem that I had in coding my screens to fit SXGA & needing to reformat for XGA -- e.g. have a screen always be 1/3 album art, 1/3 brower, and 1/3 playlist.

Regards
BB
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Won't be needed with the new skinning engine...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 156.2 ms (78.4 ms) · 53 database queries in 68.2 ms
Current time: 2018-12-18, 13:04:09 (UTC +00:00)