Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Control Multiple Winamp Sessions?!
Aaron #1
Member since Mar 2003 · 64 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'd love to see the ability to run multiple WinAMPs on a single PC and control them from a single (set of) BrowseAMP web pages.

I guess I could set each to a different port # (ex: 81,82,83,etc) but I'd love to see some "syncronization" between them so they know what each other is doing... so if I wanted to run multiple "zones" (each sound card would be a separate zone) I could tell it to play the same song on zone 1, 3, and 4 with the click of a single button. Among other things.

know what I mean?  :blink:

what do you all think?  B)
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I wonder why BrowseAmp works with multiple instances on Winamp... :blink:

Anyway, I don't think that would work because the different BrowseAmps can not talk to each other (except over HTTP).
SteveB #3
Member since Apr 2003 · 29 posts
Group memberships: Members
Aaron, I've tried somehting similar to this (not using Browseamp). the problem you get is that the different zones get out of sync with each other. Not a problem if you can only hear 1 zone at a time I suppose but it sounds a horrible mess if you can hear 2 zones that are slightly out of sync. Like a really bad DJ :)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 168 ms (82.9 ms) · 49 database queries in 75.2 ms
Current time: 2018-07-21, 16:54:38 (UTC +00:00)