Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Target Needed For Hyperlink Commands
Aaron #1
Member since Mar 2003 · 64 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'd liketo use iframes to change screens but the proble is that when links are used for playlists and such the iframe changes to the entire page instead of staying on the playlist.

example:

<#Playlist class=standard width=480 border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 summary=1 enabledownload=true
    playlink=index2.html removelink=playlist.html enabledelete=true queuenext=playlist.html>

If a play link is selected, index2 appears in the iframe, not a the "parent" which is what would need to happen.

If we could place something like target="_parent" in, it would tell it to refresh the parent window with the specific page, not the iframe.
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
So why not only refresh the frame you are currently in?

I looked at your skin and if you use this tag in musiccenter_pframe.html:
<#Playlist class=standard width=480 border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 summary=1 enabledownload=true
    playlink=musiccenter_pframe.html removelink=musiccenter_pframe.html enabledelete=true queuenext=musiccenter_pframe.html>

everything should be fine. Same thing in musiccenter_bframe.html.  ;)

edit: by the way, what does "queuenext=" do in the playlist tag?
This post was edited on 2003-03-19, 15:45 by Unknown user.
Aaron #3
yeah... I should have done that!
lack of sleep makes me forget basics! I ended up puting in <BASE TARGET="_top"> on the page so it would refresh the whole thing. Man I need to get more sleep!

thanks!
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Aaron #4
Henry,
Can you add this feature?

I'd like to be able to refresh any specific frame (like an iframe) from any command...

example:

volume change triggers refresh in iframe name="iframe_volume"

Can you add this feature?
Henry (Administrator) #5
Umm.. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that. A page refresh needs to come from the client (your webbrowser) not from the server.

Has anyone else some ideas?
Wal-Mart #6
Member since Mar 2003 · 5 posts
I have ideas, but they would be expensive to the server.. IE... lots of page requests to check the state of things.  Prolly not worth it. For example.. have a little bitty iframe.. that would refresh ever couple of seconds.. but make the window so you can't actually see it refresh.  when it refreshes.. it can gather info from the server.. and loadup some JS to tell the parent window to do whatever you need it to do.  But like i said, i doubt all thats really worth it.

Wal-Mart
Aaron #7
It would be nice to have "targeted" refreshes... instead of having the entire screen 'blink' once every 10 seconds. Very ugly to do this.

Two reasons for the need:

1) automatic changes (from WinAmp)
 Example: change to next song
  -  specific information changes: song title, song info, etc.

2) Manual user changes
 Example: volume increase via button click
  -  specific information changes: volume number, possibly an image change

In both examples the entire screen does not need to be refreshed.
Thus, iFrames can be used if targeted refreshes are incorporated into BrowseAMP or some savy coder
can figure out a way to do this client side.

If you have any idea on how to make this work I'd love to see it.
Henry (Administrator) #8
I think some JavaScript would do what you want.
Maybe something like:
top.frames[1].location.reload();
Aaron #9
Yup... I think it will too.

Now if I could only get the rest of the code to work...  :(
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 199.1 ms (107.6 ms) · 79 database queries in 87.4 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 23:55:51 (UTC +00:00)