Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Quick One: Time Remaining In Seconds
CricTic (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Can we have a tag that inserts the number of seconds remaining in the current song being played?  i.e. if a track is playing that has 3:15 remaining, this tag (for example, <#SongRemainTotalSeconds> ) would return 195 (3 * 60 + 15).

I would like to use this tag in the meta refresh field...basically, I don't like that the main screen refreshes every five seconds, and would like to change it so that it refreshes only when the currently playing track should be ending.

It might be nice for the tag to always return a minimum of 1 second.. I don't know what would happen if I used 0 in this context.

Excellent software otherwise, I basically have Winamp running in the background on my computer as a "service" now because of this :-)
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Can be done!
But please be patient...  ;)
Wal-Mart (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
CricTic, You can do what i did... it actually is a neat effect.  I just added a dynamic counter in JS that counts down the time, then refreshes the page when it gets to zero.  That way you can actually watch the time click down :-)   You can view it on my site at wallyx.com, you can also download the source from there

Wal-Mart
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I just added a dynamic counter in JS that counts down the time, then refreshes the page when it gets to zero.
Yeah, that is a great way using the existing HTML-tags.

If I only had more time to create a collection of skin developer tools on the BrowseAmp website...  :(
Guest (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
Awesome!  THANK YOU, Wal-Mart!  That is exactly what I was looking for.   :-D
CricTic (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Sorry that was me just then... forgot to put in my name.
Wal-Mart #7
Member since Mar 2003 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Your welcome :-)  I am glad it helped

Wal-Mart
wallyx.com
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 161.7 ms (70.9 ms) · 56 database queries in 61.4 ms
Current time: 2018-12-14, 21:25:56 (UTC +00:00)