Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Skins RSS
Wallyx.com Skin
Wal-Mart (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
I put everything together finally :-) You can download the wallyx.com skin here www.wallyx.com/audio/wallyx_skin.zip  The .zip file also includes the asp.net code to upload files. Let me know if its confusing or what i should change heheh.

You can view a working demo with streaming audio at wallyx.com

Wal-Mart
wallyx.com
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
B) , but there may be a lot of errors in the html/js code. The Shuffle/Repeat images are not loaded and where do I get to the browser/playlist/options? I don't have ASP installed and I of course won't do that... Can I use the skin without ASP?

Wish I could say more but theres a lot I can't see...  ;)
Wal-Mart (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
The uploding part is only in asp.net.  To get the browser/playlist/options you will have to have asp installed because it uses a left frame with those options.. But you can just build a html left frame if you would rather not use asp... but then the upload will not work.  As far as errors go, it has been test on windowz with IE & mozilla and linux running mozilla, and everything worked.  What kind of errors are you getting and what browser are you using?

Wal-Mart
wallyx.com
Guest (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Wal-Mart

This rocks!  I didn't have any trouble getting it to work (with shoutcast streaming) using IE6 and Wimamp 2.78.  Thanks for sharing.

BB
Wal-Mart (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
Good man, i am glad it works :-)  Do you have it on a website? Can we see ? :-)

Wal-Mart
Scott (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Wally,

I'm completely illiterate w/respect to how you made your skin work, but I'm impressed!

I really like the "real time" playing timer, and the apparent lack of the annoying refreshes.  I'll be using this with a wireless tablet thin-client, and the refreshes are a killer.

How much of this functionality could be achieved without the asp.net stuff?
Aaron #7
Member since Mar 2003 · 64 posts
Group memberships: Members
Cannot logon...

At main page I tried:
Username: anon
Password: anon

says: Logon not Successful

I click Listen:
brings up main page with menu on left.
If I click any Listen -  right frame throws an error: Action canceled
If I click Playlist -  right frame throws an error: Action canceled
If I click Browse - right frame throws an error: Action canceled

I never get a logon prompt   :o

I'm running IE6 SP1 on WinXP.
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Wal-Mart #8
Member since Mar 2003 · 5 posts
Scott,

All of the functionality could be done without asp.net and contained within browseamp except for the upload feature.  That can be redone in PHP or whatever your choice of language is.  I don't know if the webserver built into browseamp is capable of doing a file upload.  Anybody know? 
'----------------

Aaron,
are you talking about setting up the skin on your computer? or are you having problems getting to my site?

Wal-Mart
wallyx.com
Henry (Administrator) #9
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I don't know if the webserver built into browseamp is capable of doing a file upload
Upload is not possible.
Aaron #10
Member since Mar 2003 · 64 posts
Wal-Mart,
I could not get onto your site to look at it.
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 163.5 ms (82.8 ms) · 69 database queries in 64.5 ms
Current time: 2018-07-18, 04:44:08 (UTC +00:00)