Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Feature Requests
bb80301 #1
Member since Feb 2003 · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Henry:

You've now seen what I've been doing with my MusicMan skin.

There are some things that I'd like to do in MusicMan v2.0 that I could really use your help on:
1) Ability to access non-music files (specifically JPG and HTML files).  In specific, I'd like to be able to be able to get a file called "cover.jpg" and a file called "description.htm" from the current directory on the server & be able to view them on the client using the HTML skin.  Right now, I can do this by using the <#currentdirectory> variable that you created, but it only works when my client is the same PC as the server.  If my client is another PC on the network, it looks for "c:\music\beatles\abbey road\cover.jpg" & doesn't find it.  The HTML request is for a feature that I've included, but commented out for now that will let me put an additional file in each directory that contains information on the artist or the CD (for example, information on the show's date/place for live recordings).  This will be displayed underneath the cover art using an inline frame (iframe).

I think that I can accomplish the above by running an HTTP server on my server PC (e.g. Apache).  It would be much cleaner to do it all within BrowseAmp, if possible, though.

2) Ability to use the "comment" field of the ID3 tags -- I often store info re: live music in this field & it would be great to be able to include it on the screen.  Perhaps this could be available in BrowseAmp as <#comment>.

Please let me know if I can provide any clarification on the above.  I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks, again, for creating BrowseAmp.  I'm pretty active at the AVS forum, which is the web's most active Home Theater PC forum, and look forward to getting BrowseAmp known over there.

Regards
BB
This post was edited on 2003-02-24, 18:27 by Unknown user.
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
1) Ability to access non-music files (specifically JPG and HTML files).
I already think about that. Please be patient because I am currently developing the QCD version of BrowseAmp.

2) Ability to use the "comment" field of the ID3 tags
Winamp does not provide ID3 tag information. I will have to do that on my own. So please be much more patient...
bb80301 #3
Member since Feb 2003 · 25 posts
Thanks, Henry.

The ID3 field request (#2) is much less important to me than accessing non-music files (#1), which appears to be a higher priority for you, as well. 

In the meantime, I'll look into setting up an HTTP server to run along with Browseamp to get the files over to the clients.

Regards
Benjamin
ken greene #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 7 posts
ok i was just going to ask aboutt eh pictures not showing up on ther machines on the network...
BB let me know how you work this out
Thanks
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 177 ms (89.9 ms) · 54 database queries in 81.4 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 23:55:30 (UTC +00:00)