Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Skins RSS
New Skin... Musicman
Page:  1  2  3  next 
Guest (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
First... I'd like to thank Henry, Saxtus and everyone else who's done the awesome work on BrowseAmp. 

I've developed a skin to manage a large collection of CD's.  My CD's are arranged in a directory with folders for each Artist and subfolders for each CD.  The folders each have a file called "cover.jpg" with art (either a picture of the artist or album cover art) that's displayed on the screen.

Here are some screen shots that I did of the system that I put together (described above) using Winamp and the BrowseAmp plug-in.

The first shows the initial screen, which allows you to browse the names of artists of whom I have CD's ("Soundtracks" and "Compilations" are considered artists for organization purposes).

When you click on an artist name, it brings up another screen listing the Album titles from that artist & showing a photo of the artist. This is shown in the second screen.

When you click on an Album name, it brings up a list of songs on that CD & a picture of the album art. This is shown in the third screen.

An another screen, you can save and retrieve custom playlists.

At the top of all screens, there is a "Currently Playing" heading, and at the bottom, there are control buttons & volume/mute control.

My plan is to create a skin with set of screens that are optimized for the web browser interface of a PocketPC. I would then be able to manage everything remotely via 802.11 wireless network.

I didn't code in a "control panel" screen because I want to make it as simple to use & "difficult to mess up" as possible.  You can switch back to another skin by using the BroweAmp's plug-in configuration settings under Winamp's Preferences.

Thanks, again, and regards
BB
bb80301 #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Screen 1
The author has attached one file to this post:
browse_artists.jpg 43.9 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
This post was edited on 2003-02-22, 17:32 by Unknown user.
bb80301 #3
Screen 2
Select_Album.jpg 41.5 kBytes
bb80301 #4
Screen 3

I apologize for the quality of the screen shots -- they are scaled down to 640x480 JPG's from the 1280x1024 resolution that the skin was designed to be used with.  In real use, the text & graphics are very legible.
Select_Songs.jpg 51.7 kBytes
This post was edited on 2003-02-22, 17:38 by Unknown user.
bb80301 #5
Here's the html & gif files for the skin.....

EDIT: Attachment removed after author's request (MusicMan.zip). --Saxtus
This post was edited on 2003-02-24, 06:14 by Unknown user.
Henry (Administrator) #6
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Wooha  :blink:

Great work BB! I really like the cd-cover feature!
I'll add that skin to the download section although it is a mess on 1024x768... Maybe you can work out a version for a lower resolution.
bb80301 #7
Thanks for the nice comments, Henry.  Here's a version for XGA:

attachment removed, see new version below - Henry
This post was edited on 2003-02-23, 19:12 by Unknown user.
Henry (Administrator) #8
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
That's much better!
Thank you.
Guest (Guest) #9
No profile available.
Link to this post
I followed your comment about this wimamp browser over from the AVS forum site....
I LOVE the program and i love the skin you made but i have one problem....
the control buttons on the bottom frame show as broken links... any help???
ken greene #10
Member since Feb 2003 · 7 posts
the above post was me :ph34r:
Guest (Guest) #11
No profile available.
Link to this post
The button GIFS (e.g. MusicmanXGA_next_blue.gif) need to be in the plugins'\html\gfx' directory of Winamp.  There are 2 GIF's for each button (one red and one blue).

Please let me know if everything's working for you & if you have any other questions or comments.

Thanks
BB
ken greene #12
Member since Feb 2003 · 7 posts
ok they all appear to be where they are needed... but no go
I'm using the XGA version if that matters
bb80301 #13
Here's a complete ZIP file for the XGA skin, including the corrected controls.html file.....

Henry, I wasn't able to delete the post above with the incorrect controls.html file, can you please delete it so that it doesn't cause confusion?  Thanks

BB

done - Henry
MusicManXGA.zip 31.2 kBytes
This post was edited on 2003-02-23, 19:13 by Unknown user.
bb80301 #14
I thought I'd also share the graphics that I did for pages where pictures of album art or artists aren't applicable:

The JPG that I called main.jpg gets renamed cover.jpg and put in the main directory, e.g. c:\music
The JPG that I called holiday.jpg gets renamed cover.jpg and put into c:\music\holiday -- the directory where I put all of the Holiday CD's
The JPG that I called compilations.jpg gets renamed cover.jpg and put into c:\music\compilations -- the directory where directory where I put all of the compilation CD's
The JPG that I called soundtracks.jpg gets renamed cover.jpg and put into c:\music\soundtracks -- the directory where I put all of the soundtrack CD's.

All of the other first level subdirectories (e.g. c:\music\beatles\) have a cover.jpg file that has a picture of the artists.  I used artist pictures that I found at www.allmusic.com.

All of the second level subdirectors (e.g. c:\music\beatles\abbey road\ have a cover.jpg file that has album art.  I mostly got my album art off of Amazon -- they have 300x300 scans of just about everything; I scanned in any that I couldn't find on Amazon myself.  

Regards
BB
covers.zip 56.8 kBytes
Guest (Guest) #15
No profile available.
Link to this post
thanks that seemed to fix the page problems
And thanks for the extra Grafix
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  next 
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 180 ms (94.2 ms) · 97 database queries in 70 ms
Current time: 2018-07-22, 18:49:02 (UTC +00:00)