Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: BrowseAmp for QCD RSS
Qcd As Winamp Replacement
Clay #1
Member since Jan 2003 · 91 posts · Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Henry,

Do you think QCD will repace ALL WinAmp functionality? In particular I'm most interested in streaming audio support like ShoutCAST & Windows Media Encoder (which takes the WinAmp stream and broadcasts it over the network). I'll take a look at QCD and add more thoughts soon.

Clay
This post was edited on 2003-02-11, 13:43 by Unknown user.
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Shoutcast works with QCD.

Tony
Henry (Administrator) #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I am sure QCD will improve BrowseAmp functionality a lot!
The QCD API is easier to use and has much more functions than the Winamp API. So I do not need to spend time in learning Player API and can use that time to improve BrowseAmp.   :-D

And of course the QCD development continues (hopefully  ;) ) and I am not stuck in the old Winamp versions.
Clay #4
I have no great love for WimAmp so I encourage your looking at the QCD functionality.  :-D  As I've said before WinAmp for me is only a music transport to ShoutCAST & Windows Media Encoder.

To the point ... I really need Media Encoder support to stream to my iPAQ PocketPC (Shoutcast isn't supported by the iPAQ Media Player).

Has anyone tried Windows Media Encoder (version 7) with QCD? Since WME7 works with WinAmp I hope it plugs in to QCD too!

I won't have a chance to play with this until I return on February 24th.

Good luck - Clay
Azimuth #5
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Windows Media Encoder just grabs any audio being played. I just tried it. I never thought to use it to stream, though. Very cool!

Tony
Clay #6
Azimuth,

Thanks for checking it out for me ...  I've actually had better luck with consistent conntections from WME7 than ShoutCAST. ShoutCAST seems to give streaming errors often. I'll confirm later that the iPAQ and all my other stuff (AudioTron, etc.) works with QCD.

Clay
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 143 ms (57.9 ms) · 64 database queries in 45.9 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 11:34:02 (UTC +00:00)