Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Skins RSS
Html Templates
remove naming limitations
wog (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi,

why is there a limited number of html templates like "myskin_browser.html" or "myskin.index2.html"? Could you allow more general requests like "myskin_mysite.html"?

Background: I am building a skin which behaves a bit different to standard skins: it should be optimized for handhelds (Windows CE) and low bandwith network (e.g. bluetooth). Therefore I need to be efficient with screen realestate (240x320) and amount of data transfered. Basically I changed the templates that much that they do nothing like their name suggests, e.g. "options.html" is a hidden frame which gets the song progress and writes it into "playlist.html", which has all the controls. "browser.html" either shows the playlist or the browser.

Thanks,
wog
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Of course you can use any filename for your skin!

An <skinname>_index2.html file is only needed for skin detection so you should include this file. Of course a immediate redirect to any other file in the index2.html is possible.

If you refer to some other files than index2, browser, playlist, options (only these files can be used without the skinname prefix) you need to use the full name like <a href="myskin_control.html">go to my controls</a>.
Also make sure to specify the correct html file in the Playlist/Browser tag which is used for the links (see BrowseAmp help for that).
This post was edited on 2003-02-09, 11:46 by Unknown user.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 160.5 ms (72.1 ms) · 39 database queries in 65.6 ms
Current time: 2018-12-14, 22:08:58 (UTC +00:00)